zkSync is a ZK rollup, a trustless protocol that uses cryptographic validity proofs to provide scalable and low-cost transactions on Ethereum. In zkSync, computation is performed off-chain and most data is stored off-chain as well. As all transactions are proven on the Ethereum mainchain, users enjoy the same security level as in Ethereum.
zkSync has raised a total of $458 million from leading investors like Blockchain Capital and Dragonfly Capital. They’ve hinted that they will launch their native token in the future, so trying out their mainnet and testnet may make you eligible for an airdrop when they launch their token. We highly recommend you to do transactions on a regular basis to increase your chances to become eligible, like every month or week for example.
- Add zkSync network to Metamask as mentioned on this zkSync docs page.
- Visit Rhino.fi, connect your ETH wallet and sign two messages (no gas fees). zkSync recommends Rhino.fi bridge on their website’s bridge list.
- Now, Bridge your ETH, USDT, or USDC from the Ethereum mainnet to the zkSync mainnet.
- You can buy some ETH or other tokens on Binance. If you don’t have any crypto funds, you can also directly deposit fiat to Binance and purchase ETH.
- We highly recommend using the following zkSync-based dApps to maybe become eligible for other potential airdrops while participating in zkSync potential drop:
– zkSync id
– zkSync Name Service
– Nexon Finance
- You can now use Rhino.fi to bridge funds over from zkSync to Ethereum Mainnet, as it will count as another transaction, which will increase the chance of qualifying for a potential airdrop.
- Additionally, you can also bridge from zkSync to Scroll, Base, Polygon zkEVM, Manta, Linea or Optimism, which might make you eligible for other multiple potential drops.
- Check out https://ecosystem.zksync.io/ if you’re looking for more dApps on zkSync to get more transactions on their blockchain.
- Visit the zkSync testnet page.
- Connect your Metamask wallet and change the network to zkSync Era Testnet.
- Now get some testnet ETH from this faucet.
- You can also get testnet ETH from the goerli faucet and deposit your Goerli test ETH to zkSync Era Testnet by clicking on receive and then official bridge from the testnet portal.
- Now use the Deposit, Transfer and Withdraw options to get some transacitons done. You should also use different dApps increase your chances of getting an airdrop:
– MES Protocol
- For more information regarding the testnet, see this Medium article.
Don’t forget to verify yourself with Gitcoin Passport, which is a way to ensure proof of humanity and prevent bot activity. It distinguishes real wallets from Sybil wallets, adding an extra layer of security. Creating a Gitcoin Passport and collecting stamps can help mark your wallet as “safe,” increasing your chances of being considered for airdrops by projects.
The zkSync team has hinted at the launch of their own token. Speculation suggests that users who have conducted transactions on the zkSync mainnet and/or testnet might be eligible for an airdrop when the token is released.
Please note that there is no guarantee that they will do an airdrop and that they will launch their own token. It’s only speculation.
You're interested in more projects that do not have any token yet and could potentially airdrop a governance token to early users in the future? Then check out our list of potential retroactive airdrops to not miss out on the next DeFi airdrop!Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, & Facebook and subscribe our newsletter to receive new airdrops!
Tokens per Claim