Taiko is a decentralized Ethereum-equivalent ZK-EVM and general-purpose ZK-Rollup. Its purpose is to allow developers and users of dApps developed for Ethereum L1 to be used on Taiko without any changes. As a result, dApps can be easily deployed to L2, inheriting Ethereum's security while incurring lower transaction fees than on L1.
Taiko doesn’t have an own token yet but has confirmed to launch an own token called “TKO”. Early users who have done testnet actions may get an airdrop when they launch their token.
- Visit the Taiko testnet page.
- Connect your Metamask wallet.
- Now change the network to the Sepolia test network.
- Get Sepolia test ETH from this faucet.
- Now bridge test ETH to Taiko A2.
- Click on “Transactions” and click on “Claim” to get the bridged tokens on Taiko A2.
- Also add Taiko A2 network to Metamask and bridge ETH back to Sepolia test network.
- Select other tokens from the dropdown and click on “faucet” to mint the token and then bridge those tokens between Sepolia test network and Taiko A2.
- For more information regarding the testnet, see this page.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that they will do an airdrop. It’s only speculation.
You're interested in more projects that do not have any token yet and could potentially airdrop a governance token to early users in the future? Then check out our list of potential retroactive airdrops to not miss out on the next DeFi airdrop!
Tokens per Claim