MimbleWimbleCoin is a Grin soft fork based on the MimbleWimble protocol with a limited supply cap of 20 million coins. 10 million coins will take around 100 years to be POW mined. Of the remaining 10 million, 6 million coins will be distributed via airdrop to Bitcoin holders, 2 million coins will be held in an escrow wallet to pay out “MWC HODL” dividends and 2 million will be dedicated to the development of the coin.
MimbleWimbleCoin is airdropping a total of 6,000,000 MWC coins (30% of the total supply) to BTC holders. Register for the airdrop and hold any amount of BTC in your wallets during the snapshot date July 19th, 2019 to be eligible to claim free MWC tokens after mainnet launch.
- Visit their official airdrop registration page.
- Submit your Bitcoin wallet address in which you hold your BTC and click on “register/verify”.
- Sign the message from the claiming tool using the “Sign Message” feature within your wallet (instructions for Trezor users / instructions for Electrum users) and paste the provided signature to prove ownership of your BTC address. You should never enter your private keys into any third party software!
- Once it’s done you will receive a “success” message and a password. Remember the password along with your BTC address, as it will be needed to claim the airdrop later.
- Snapshot for the airdrop will be on July 19th, 2019. Make sure to hold your BTC in the registered wallet address during the snapshot date. Also, the registration for the airdrop will end at 1 pm EDT (New York time) and the snapshot will happen at 1 pm EDT (New York time).
- Make sure that you don’t move your coins immediately after the snapshot as there will be a script that will be running at that time to calculate the final allocations. You will also be able to login after that and confirm the number of coins you will receive on our website.
- You must ensure to maintain access to the wallet/address you registered with, because you need to sign another message again after mainnet launch in order to claim your MWC coins.
You can find more information about the airdrop from their official airdrop announcement.
IMPORTANT: You should never enter your private keys into any third party software!
Tokens per Claim