MimbleWimbleCoin is a Grin soft fork based on the MimbleWimble protocol with a limited supply cap of 20 million coins. 10 million coins will take around 100 years to be POW mined. Of the remaining 10 million, 6 million coins will be distributed via airdrop to Bitcoin holders, 2 million coins will be held in an escrow wallet to pay out “MWC HODL” dividends and 2 million will be dedicated to the development of the coin.
As announced in June 2019 MimbleWimbleCoin is airdropping a total of 6,000,000 MWC coins (30% of the total supply) to BTC holders. Those who registered for the airdrop before the snapshot at July 19th, 2019 are now able to claim this airdrop. Claiming will be closed on January 2, 2020. MWC is already tradable on Hotbit.
- Download and install MWC wallet from here.
- Create your wallet and back up the seed phrase.
- Open the wallet and click on the “Airdrop” tab on the left.
- Submit your BTC address along with the related password you entered on the time of the airdrop registration before the snapshot happened. There is no way to claim this airdrop if you did not register before the snapshot.
- Click on “Request Airdrop”.
- You will now see a so called “Challenge” which is needed to proof ownership of your BTC address by signing a message.
- Go to your private BTC wallet and sign a message (challenge value) using the “Sign Message” feature within your wallet (instructions for Trezor users / instructions for Electrum users). You should never enter your private keys into any third party software!
- Paste the signature generated from the message signing process within your BTC wallet into the “Signed message” field.
- Click on the “Claim” button to claim your airdrop
- You will see a confirmation if your claim was successful and your claimed coins should appear in your wallet within the next 48 hours.
- Claiming will be closed on January 2, 2020.
Pre Snapshot Registration:
- Visit their official airdrop registration page.
- Submit your Bitcoin wallet address in which you hold your BTC and click on “register/verify”.
- Sign the message from the claiming tool using the “Sign Message” feature within your wallet (instructions for Trezor users / instructions for Electrum users) and paste the provided signature to prove ownership of your BTC address. You should never enter your private keys into any third party software!
- Once it’s done you will receive a “success” message and a password. Remember the password along with your BTC address, as it will be needed to claim the airdrop later.
- Snapshot for the airdrop will be on July 19th, 2019. Make sure to hold your BTC in the registered wallet address during the snapshot date. Also, the registration for the airdrop will end at 1 pm EDT (New York time) and the snapshot will happen at 1 pm EDT (New York time).
- Make sure that you don’t move your coins immediately after the snapshot as there will be a script that will be running at that time to calculate the final allocations. You will also be able to login after that and confirm the number of coins you will receive on our website.
- You must ensure to maintain access to the wallet/address you registered with, because you need to sign another message again after mainnet launch in order to claim your MWC coins.
You can find more information about the airdrop from their official airdrop announcement.
IMPORTANT: You should never enter your private keys into any third party software!
Tokens per Claim