Hop Protocol is a scalable rollup-to-rollup general token bridge. It allows users to send tokens from one rollup or sidechain to another almost immediately without having to wait for the networks challenge period. It currently supports bridging assets across Ethereum, Arbitrum, Optimism, Polygon, and xDai.
As already guessed in our retroactive airdrop overview, Hop Protocol will be airdropping 8% of the total supply to early users of the platform. Users who’ve used bridge at least two times with at least $1,000 volume, liquidity providers, bonders, top 500 Hop Discord participants and 79 Twitter users who were early evangelists for Hop, external Hop contributors and past Authereum users with deployed accounts by the snapshot date are eligible to claim the airdrop. The snapshot was taken on April 1st at 12:00 am UTC.
- Visit the Hop Protocol airdrop eligibility checking page.
- Connect your wallet.
- If you’re eligible, then the claimable amount will be displayed.
- Users who’ve used the bridge at least two times with a minimum of $1,000 volume, liquidity providers, bonders, top 500 Hop Discord participants and 79 Twitter users who were early evangelists for Hop, external Hop contributors and past Authereum users with deployed accounts by April 1st at 12:00 am UTC are eligible to claim the airdrop.
- The claim will go live at a later date, so make sure to follow their social channels.
- Eligible users will have 6 months from the launch of the token to claim the tokens else it will be reclaimed by the DAO.
- For more information regarding the airdrop, see this article.
Tokens per Claim
- Total value: n/a
Hop Protocol doesn’t have a token yet and there’s speculation that they may launch one in the future. It’s likely that they may do an airdrop of their token to early users of the platform if they launch a token.
- Visit the Hop Protocol dashboard.
- Connect your Ethereum, Polygon, Arbitrum, Optimism or xDai wallet.
- Now use the platform to bridge assets from one network to another or provide liquidity or both.
- You can combine Hop Protocol with other speculative retroactive airdrops by using Hop Protocol to transfer assets from Optimism Layer 2 or Arbitrum Layer 2 back to ETH Mainnet or directly hop to the next speculative retroactive airdrop by transferring between Arbitrum and Optimism using Hop Protocol. This way you could maybe become eligible for three potential airdrops at once, Arbitrum, Optimism and Hope Protocol. By using Hop Protocol your withdrawals will also be sent instantly, native withdrawals via Optimism gateway takes around one week.
- There’s speculation that they may do an airdrop to early users of the platform if they launch an own token.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that they will do an airdrop and that they will launch their own token. It’s only speculation.