Handshake is a decentralized, permissionless naming protocol compatible with DNS where every peer is validating and in charge of managing the root zone with the goal of creating an alternative to existing Certificate Authorities.
Handshake is airdropping free HNS coins to all eligible GitHub developers and top 100k Alexa domain owners. GitHub developers with more than 15 followers on February 04, 2019 or the ones in the PGP WoT Strong Set are eligible to receive 4,246 HNS coins. Top 100k Alexa domain owners can also claim free HNS coins depending on their ranking.
Airdrop 1: 4,246 HNS for eligible GitHub developers
- Visit the Handshake airdrop claim page.
- Make sure that you’ve installed nodejs and npm depending on your OS.
- Download and install hsd, hs-client, and hs-airdrop from here.
- Now run hsd using command: ./bin/hsd –log-level info
- Now you need to have an HNS address to receive the coins. To generate an HNS address run this command: ./bin/hsw-cli account get default | grep receiveAddress
- Get your private key by using this command: /bin/hsw-cli master | grep phrase
- Make sure that you’ve saved your public key and private key.
- Now to claim your HNS coins follow the steps mentioned in this GitHub page.
- You will get 4,246 HNS if you’ve claimed it successfully.
- Make sure to read the steps carefully from the claim page to claim your airdrop successfully.
Airdrop 2: Free HNS for Top 100k Alexa domain owners
- Handshake is also airdropping free HNS coins to the top 100K Alexa domain owners according to the snapshot in 2018.
- The snapshot was taken on June 4th, 2018, at 6:18 pm PDT.
- Check if your domain name is in the top 100k Alexa list from here.
- If your domain name is showing as eligible, then follow the steps mentioned in this GitHub page to claim your airdrop.
Tokens per Claim
Free HNS To Top 100k Domain Owners+ 4,246 HNS