Ycash is an upcoming Zcash hard fork aiming to restore mining on commodity hardware , that appears to have been largely abandoned on the Zcash blockchain, by changing Proof-of-Work (PoW) algorithm. Also, the founder rewards will be reduced from 20% to a perpetual 5% and capped at 2.1 million coins.
Ycash will be forked off of Zcash on July 18, 2019 at block height #570,000. Users holding Zcash in their private wallet on July 18, 2019 will be able to claim YEC in a 1:1 ratio.
- Hold your ZEC coins in your private wallet during the fork.
- The Ycash fork will happen on July 18, 2019 at block height #570,000.
- Users holding Zcash in their private wallet will receive free YEC in 1:1 ratio that is for every 1 ZEC you hold you will get 1 YEC.
- There have not been announced any exchanges or hardware wallets supporting this fork. So we recommend you to transfer your ZEC coins to a (temporay) wallet where you are able to export your private key, for example the official Zcash ZecWallet.
- To claim this fork you will need to import your private key into YecWallet. For safety reasons we highly recommend you to move your coins to another ZEC wallet before claiming this fork.
- For more information see their official announcement and this Medium post.
Disclaimer: We list hardforks for informational purpose only. We are not able to make sure that hardforks are legit. We only want to list the opportunity of a free airdrop. So stay safe and make sure to claim forks with a private key of an empty wallet.
Never share your private key with anyone!
- Website: https://www.ycash.xyz/the_fork/
- Ticker: YEC
- Total Supply: 21,000,000 YEC
- Github Repository: