Bitcoin Gold is the brainchild of Jack Liao and is launching as a hard fork of Bitcoin. The goal of BTG is to become a better gold than Bitcoin. The chief way they have decided to do this is trying to solve miner centralization through a proof-of-work change.
The split happened at block #491407 on October 25, 2017 and everyone who held their Bitcoins in a supported exchange or in a private wallet is eligible to claim Bitcoin Gold.
HOW TO CLAIM BTG WITH TREZOR WALLET
1. Go to TREZOR’s coin-splitting tool.
2. Click “Connect with TREZOR” and select your bitcoin account.
3. Enter destination address and enter an amount. You can claim your BTG to any wallet including your TREZOR or an exchange wallet.
4. Claim it.
HOW TO CLAIM BTG WITH LEDGER WALLET
1. Connect your Ledger Nano or Ledger Blue to your computer.
2. Open the Ledger Manager app. Be sure that your firmware is up to date.
3. Install the Bitcoin Gold app on Ledger.
4. Open “Ledger Wallet Bitcoin.”
5. Go to Settings and find the current chain status on the top right side of the screen.
6. From the Settings menu, choose Blockchains.
7. Select the Bitcoin Gold blockchain.
8. Click “Split.”
9. Copy the receiving address of your Bitcoin Gold wallet and transfer BTG from the main wallet to the new split wallet. Click on Receive the and copy the BTG receiving address.
10. Go to Settings and choose the “Bitcoin Gold main chain.”
11. Double-check the current chain status in the top right of your screen says “Bitcoin Gold (Main).”
12. Transfer all funds to the BTG wallet address that you copied in step 9.
13. Transfer all BTG from the main chain to the split chain.
HOW TO CLAIM BTG FROM ANY WALLET USING COINOMI
1. Download Coinomi from the Google Play Store.
2. Open the app. On the left side, click “+COINS.”
3. Add Bitcoin Gold and confirm your password.
4. Click “add” and open the new wallet.
5. Click “…/Sweep Wallet” and select Bitcoin Gold.
6. Input or scan the private keys of the wallet that held BTC during the time of the fork.
7. Press “next” and confirm.
Disclaimer: We list hardforks for informational purpose only. We are not able to make sure that hardforks are legit. We only want to list the opportunity of a free airdrop. So stay safe and make sure to claim forks with a private key of an empty wallet.