Bitcoin Cash is a fork of Bitcoin that was created in August 2017. Bitcoin Cash increases the size of blocks, allowing more transactions to be processed.
UPDATE 2020/11/09: There is another possible network split of the Bitcoin Cash network on 15th November, which may result in two new chains, Bitcoin Cash ABC and Bitcoin Cash Node. You can find more information about this hard fork from here.
UPDATE 2018/11/12: There is a conflict between Bitcoin Cash development communities which may result in a chain split which may result in Bitcoin Cash ABC and Bitcoin Cash SV (Satoshi Vision). You can find more information about this hard fork from here.
Anyone who held Bitcoin at block 478558 on August 1st, 2017 on a supported exchange or in a private wallet is eligible to claim Bitcoin Cash.
HOW TO CLAIM BCH WITH TREZOR WALLET
If you were holding BTC on your TREZOR before August 1st, you can claim BCH with the following steps:
1. Go to TREZOR’s coin-splitting tool.
2. Click “Connect with TREZOR” and select your bitcoin account.
3. Enter destination address and enter an amount. You can claim your BCH to any wallet including your TREZOR or an exchange wallet.
4. Claim it.
HOW TO CLAIM BCH WITH ELECTRUM WALLET
If you were holding BTC on an Electrum wallet before August 1st, you can claim BCH with the following steps:
1. Install Electron Cash on a computer that does not have your Electrum wallets.
2. Move all of your Electrum funds into a new Electrum wallet. This will move only your BTC and not your BCH. Wait until the transaction is confirmed.
3. Enter the seed of your (now empty) old wallet or private keys in Electron Cash.
HOW TO CLAIM BCH WITH LEDGER WALLET
If you were holding BTC on a Ledger wallet before August 1st, you can claim BCH with the following steps
1. Connect your Ledger Nano or Ledger Blue to your computer.
2. Open the Ledger Manager app. Be sure that your firmware is up to date.
3. Install the Bitcoin Cash app on Ledger.
4. Open “Ledger Wallet Bitcoin.”
5. Go to Settings and find the current chain status on the top right side of the screen.
6. From the Settings menu, choose Blockchains.
7. Select the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.
8. Click “Split.”
9. Copy the receiving address of your Bitcoin Cash wallet and transfer BCH from the main wallet to the new split wallet. Click on Receive the and copy the BCH receiving address.
10. Go to Settings and choose the “Bitcoin Cash main chain.”
11. Double-check the current chain status in the top right of your screen says “Bitcoin Cash (Main).”
12. Transfer all funds to the BCH wallet address that you copied in step 9.
13. Transfer all BCH from the main chain to the split chain.
HOW TO CLAIM BCH FROM MYCELIUM / COPAY / BITPAY / JAXX / KEEPKEY using COINOMI
If you have an Android device, you can claim BCH from any of these wallets using Coinomi.
1. Save and run the BIP39 tool attached here.
2. Enter your seed (12 words or more) into the “BIP39 Mnemonic” field.
3. Select BTC from the dropdown list of coins.
4. Scroll down to the list of addresses. Each address has an accompanying public and private key.
5. You can get the private key directly by text, or by going with the cursor the key, the page will show the QR code.
6. Scan the QR code in the Coinomi app as a new BCH wallet.
Disclaimer: We list hardforks for informational purpose only. We are not able to make sure that hardforks are legit. We only want to list the opportunity of a free airdrop. So stay safe and make sure to claim forks with a private key of an empty wallet.
Never share your private key with anyone!
- Website: https://www.bitcoincash.org
- Bitcointalk: Go to ANN thread
- Ticker: BCH
- Coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/
- Github Repository:
- Exchanges: Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance, Hitbtc, KuCoin