EigenLayer is a protocol built on Ethereum that introduces restaking, a new primitive in cryptoeconomic security. This primitive enables the reuse of ETH on the consensus layer. Users that stake ETH natively or with a liquid staking token (LST) can opt-in to EigenLayer smart contracts to restake their ETH or LST and extend cryptoeconomic security to additional applications on the network to earn additional rewards.
EigenLayer doesn’t have their own token yet but is very likely to launch one in the future. They’ve launched a points system where users who restake on EigenLayer as well as on platforms using the EigenLayer protocol can earn EigenLayer points. Early users who do testnet and mainnet actions and also earn points may get an airdrop if they launch their own token.
Task 1: Mainnet
- Visit the EigenLayer mainnet page.
- Connect your Metamask wallet.
- They currently support stETH (Lido), rETH (Rocket Pool), cbETH (Coinbase), wBETH (Binance), osETH (Stakewise), swETH (Swell), AnkrETH (Ankr), EthX (Stader) and OETH (Origin ETH).
- Get some ETH first and restake it on one of the above-mentioned platforms to get their LSTs. You can get ETH on Binance.
- Now, go back to the pools and stake your tokens.
- You will start earning EigenLayer points. They’re a way to measure your contribution to the EigenLayer ecosystem.
- You can also earn more EigenLayer points as well as become eligible for other speculative airdrops by interacting with other projects using the EigenLayer protocol. Some are:
- Swell has confirmed to airdrop SWELL tokens to users who earn PEARL points. Staking ETH on Swell and then restaking swETH on EigenLayer gets you PEARL points as well as EigenLayer points.
- You can also earn EigenLayer points as well as ether.fi points for staking on Ether.fi. They’ve also hinted at rewarding early users.
- Stake ETH on Renzo to earn Renzo points as well as EigenLayer points. They’ve also hinted at rewarding early users.
- They don’t have their own token yet but could launch one in the future. So, early users who interact with the platform and collect points may get an airdrop if they launch their own token.
- For more information regarding the mainnet, read this article.
Task 2: Testnet
- Visit the EigenLayer testnet page.
- Connect your Metamask wallet.
- Change the network to Goerli.
- Currently, they’ve Lido’s stETH and Rocket Pool’s rETH pools to test with so you will need stETH and rETH.
- Firstly get Goerli ETH from this faucet.
- Send Goerli ETH to this Lido’s stETH token contract address “0x1643E812aE58766192Cf7D2Cf9567dF2C37e9B7F”. You will get Lido’s stETH back automatically once your transaction is complete.
- Visit the Rocket Pool testnet page and stake your Goerli ETH to get Rocket Pool’s rETH.
- Now you will have both Lido’s stETH and Rocket Pool’s rETH testnet tokens.
- Go back to the EigenLayer testnet page and select “Rocket Pool ETH” and stake your rETH and then select the “Lido Staked Ether” pool and stake your stETH.
- For more information regarding the testnet, read this article.
- They don’t have an own token yet but could launch one in the future. So early users who’ve done the testnet actions may get an airdrop if they launch an own token.
Don’t forget to verify yourself with Gitcoin Passport, which is a way to ensure proof of humanity and prevent bot activity. It distinguishes real wallets from Sybil wallets, adding an extra layer of security. Creating a Gitcoin Passport and collecting stamps can help mark your wallet as “safe,” increasing your chances of being considered for airdrops by projects.
Please note that there is no guarantee that they will do an airdrop and that they will launch their own token. It’s only speculation.
You're interested in more projects that do not have any token yet and could potentially airdrop a governance token to early users in the future? Then check out our list of potential retroactive airdrops to not miss out on the next DeFi airdrop!Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, & Facebook and subscribe our newsletter to receive new airdrops!
Tokens per Claim