Symbol is a next-generation, open source decentralized blockchain platform from NEM that connects businesses to the blockchain, helping them to reduce cost, complexity, and find new ways to create value. It has increased speed, usability, security and flexibility - making Symbol the smart, effective choice for both enterprise users and developers.
NEM will be launching the Symbol blockchain in December and is conducting an airdrop in which all eligible holders who hold at least 100 XEM will receive free XYM in a 1:1 ratio. Download the NEM wallet, import your NEM account and opt-in for the airdrop to the receive free XYM after the mainnet launch in December.
- Hold at least 100 NEM (XEM) coins in your private wallet.
- Download the latest NEM Desktop wallet and import your NEM account. Android and IOS support will be available later.
- Go to the Symbol opt-in section and confirm your opt-in for the airdrop.
- Trezor wallet holders and Multisig account holders can also opt-in using the NEM Desktop wallet.
- The snapshot will happen sometime between December 3rd and December 16th. The exact date will be announced later.
- Opt-in will close before the snapshot and you will be able to opt-in again for up to six years after the Symbol mainnet goes live.
- All eligible holders who held at least 100 XEM at the time of the snapshot will receive free XYM in a 1:1 ratio.
- You will be able to claim your XYM coins after the Symbol mainnet goes live, which is on December 17th.
- No major exchanges have announced support for the airdrop. Follow the NEM social channels to see the list of exchanges that will be supporting the airdrop.
- For more information regarding opt-in and the airdrop, see this post. Also, check out their Youtube channel to see the instructions regarding opt-in.
1 XEM : 1 XYM
Tokens per Claim