Symbol is a next-generation, open source decentralized blockchain platform from NEM that connects businesses to the blockchain, helping them to reduce cost, complexity, and find new ways to create value. It has increased speed, usability, security and flexibility - making Symbol the smart, effective choice for both enterprise users and developers.
NEM will be launching the Symbol blockchain in February and is conducting an airdrop in which all eligible holders who hold at least 100 XEM will receive free XYM in a 1:1 ratio. NEM wallet holders need to download the NEM wallet, import their NEM account and opt-in for the airdrop to receive free XYM after the mainnet launch in February. Mobile users can opt-in by following this instruction. You can also hold it in a supporting exchange to receive the airdrop.
- Hold at least 100 NEM (XEM) coins in your private wallet or in an exchange that has announced support for the airdrop.
- The snapshot has been postponed from 14th January to sometime in February. Follow their announcement page to see the updates.
- NEM wallet holders need to download the latest NEM Desktop wallet, import their NEM account and then need to go to the Symbol opt-in section and confirm the opt-in for the airdrop. Android and IOS users can opt-in by following this instruction.
- Exchanges that have announced support for the airdrop are Binance, Bithumb, Wazirx, OKEx, Huobi, Upbit, Gate.io, Poloniex, ProBit, etc. Visit this NEM announcement page to see the complete list.
- Trezor wallet holders and Multisig account holders can also opt-in using the NEM Desktop wallet.
- You will be able to opt-in again for up to six years after the Symbol mainnet goes live.
- All eligible holders who held at least 100 XEM at the time of the snapshot will receive free XYM in a 1:1 ratio.
- You will be able to claim your XYM coins after the Symbol mainnet goes live, which is expected in February.
- For more information regarding opt-in and the airdrop, see this post. Also, check out their Youtube channel to see the instructions regarding opt-in.
1 XEM : 1 XYM
Tokens per Claim