Stellar is an open-source, decentralized protocol for digital currency to fiat currency transfers which allows cross-border transactions between any pair of currencies. The Stellar protocol is supported by a nonprofit, the Stellar Development Foundation.
The Stellar Development Foundation is airdropping a total of 2 billion Lumens (around $116 million USD right now) to qualified Keybase accounts (a free, secure alternative to Slack, WhatsApp, Telegram, and other chat apps) over the course of 20 months. Create an account at Keybase and verify your phone to be eligible for the airdrop. GitHub and HackerNews verification is no longer required and new Keybase users can also participate in the airdrop. Upcoming airdrops will be distributed equally among all qualified participants on the 15th of each month, starting from Oct 15, 2019.
- Create an account at Keybase.
- Verify your phone number from a country that is mentioned in the official announcement.
- Free XLM will be credited to your Stellar wallet automatically on the 15th of each month.
- The total airdrop value of each round will be divided equally among all participants. Current airdrop value per person as of 2019/11/26 is 434 XLM (~ $25) if no one else registers.
- See the official Keybase announcement for the exact current value per person and find more details about this airdrop.
- SMS Verification
Each unique natural person can participate in the airdrop just once. No individual recipient will get more than $500 USD worth of Lumens.
Tokens per Claim
- Airdrop started 2019-07-20
- Total value: n/a
Binance will start staking their Stellar (XLM) cold and hot wallets, starting from July 20, 2019 and will automatically airdrop staking rewards monthly to XLM holders. An additional 9,500,000 XLM from prior staking activities will also be distributed to XLM holders. To qualify for staking rewards simply hold a minimum of 10 XLM in your Binance wallet and receive free XLM based on the total staking rewards by Binance. Staking is done automatically by Binance, so there’s no manual action required.
- Create an account on Binance.
- Hold a minimum of 10 XLM in your Binance wallet to qualify for staking rewards.
- Binance will take daily snapshots starting from 2019/07/20 at 00:00 AM UTC and distribute rewards monthly.
- XLM staking distribution will be calculated as follows:
- XLM generated by each user = Total XLM staking rewards received by Binance * User XLM holdings ratio.
- User XLM holdings ratio = User XLM holdings / Total XLM staked by Binance.
- Rewards will be calculated daily and distributed on the 5th of every month. The initial distribution of XLM staking rewards will be calculated up until 2019/09/01 and the average user XLM balances will be calculated based on the daily snapshots and the 40 days XLM staking rewards will be distributed on September 1st, 2019.
- An additional 9,500,000 XLM from prior staking activities will also be distributed to XLM holders based on their average daily holdings.
- Staking is done automatically by Binance, so there’s no manual action required.
- For more information see this Binance post.
- Estimated value: $25
- Total value: $125,000,000
Blockchain.com is airdropping a total of $125,000,000 worth of Stellar tokens (XLM). Simply join the waitlist and follow the instructions you will receive via email to claim your tokens. It is required to verify your identity to claim your tokens.
- Visit the airdrop page.
- Submit your email address and click on ‘‘Join Waitlist”.
- You will receive an email with instructions how to claim your $25 worth of XLM tokens later.
For more information about the airdrop visit this official blog article.